I am currently looking for an assistant! Here is the job description:
Assistant to Literary Agent
The Andrea Brown Literary Agency is a top-ranked literary agency that specializes in children's literature. The agency was founded in 1981 and is headquartered in Northern California with satellite offices in the San Francisco Bay area, San Diego, Los Angeles, New York, and Chicago. Our agency helps writers and illustrators find publishers for their work, while nurturing and developing their long-term careers. Our clients include NYT bestsellers such as Ellen Hopkins, Jean Reagan, Maggie Stiefvater, and Tom Angleberger; award-winning authors such as Neal Shusterman, Cece Bell, and Meg Medina; as well as debut authors and illustrators. The open position will be assisting Literary Agent Kelly Sonnack in the San Diego office.
- Seeking candidate with a proven interest and knowledge in children’s literature, from picture books through young adult.
- Candidate will take care of administrative tasks such as invoicing, database entry, scheduling, filing, website maintenance, accounting, office management, and mailing.
- Assistant will also assist with client management including correspondence, development of manuscripts for submission, and review of publisher contracts.
- Some personal assistant support including running errands, personal calendar upkeep, and travel arrangements.
- Pay to start at $15/hour for approximately 15 hours a week. Flexibility on hours in office but must be available between 9am-4pm Mon-Fri.
- Must live in San Diego.
- Prior office experience (1-2 years).
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Voracious reader.
- High level of organization, problem solver, reliable and honest, computer savvy, and detail-oriented.
- Ability to prioritize projects, meet deadlines, and multi-task.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Well-versed in all Microsoft Office applications, as well as Adobe, Photoshop and other image software.
Interested applicants should send their resumé and a cover letter expressing why they are interested in this position and some information about their interest in children’s books and publishing. Both can be sent by attachment to email@example.com. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.